We are sure that you have already heard about the KETO diet because recently it is the most popular diet in the world that makes you lower your pounds immediately.
However, a lot of nutritionists are still skeptical about this diet because of the effects afterward. This diet actually makes your body to use the fat instead of the carbs in order to get energy.
However, although you have to be persistent and you will lose weight quickly, according to some experts the weight is more likely to return after you stop with this regime.
The experts suggest the Mediterian-style plans for eating because there are more researches about them and the results are also more long-lasting.
However, if your friends have tried this Keto regime, and you are curious too, then you should know that this diet includes eating fat, protein but in limited quantity and excludes eating carbs.
Read below the things that are and are not allowed to be consumed in this diet:
Things you can consume:
- Meat– chicken, pork, steak, ground beef, lamb, bacon, ham, turkey, sausage (in limited amounts and fattier cuts)
- Most Fats and Oils– butter, coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, lard, avocado oil, mayonnaise
- Some Vegetables– cauliflower, cabbage, avocado, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, asparagus, cucumber, onion, mushroom, spinach, lettuce, green beans, olives
- High-Fat Dairy– heavy cream, cheese (soft and hard), cream cheese, sour cream
- Nuts– almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, almond butter, macadamia nuts, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts
- Seafood– salmon, snapper, trout, tuna, cod, catfish, halibut, clams, oysters, lobster, crab, scallops, mussels
- Berries (Sparingly)– blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Artificial Sweeteners (Sparingly)– Stevia, sucralose
- Alcohol (Sparingly)– hard liquor, dry wine, champagne
- Eggs, Unsweetened Coffee and Tea, Spices
Things you can NOT consume:
- Fruit– apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, watermelon, peaches, melon, pineapple, cherries, pears, lemons, limes, grapefruits, plums, mango, etc.
- Grains and Starches– wheat, rice, rye, oats, corn, quinoa, barley, millet, bulgur, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains
- Root Vegetables– potatoes (both sweet and regular), carrots, yams, parsnips, yuca, beets, turnips
- Grain Products– cereal, bread, pasta, rice, corn, oatmeal, crackers, pizza, popcorn, granola, bagels, muesli, flour
- Legumes– black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, soybeans, peas, chickpeas, lentils
- Sweeteners– cane sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, Splenda, aspartame, saccharin, corn syrup
- Sweets– candy, chocolate, cakes, buns, pastries, tarts, pies, ice cream, cookies, pudding, custard
- Some Oils– canola oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil
- Alcohol– beer, cider, sweet wines, sweetened alcoholic drinks
- Sweetened Drinks– juice, smoothies, soda, sweetened tea and coffee
- Low-Fat Dairy– skim milk, skim mozzarella, fat-free yogurt, low cheese and cream cheese
- Sweetened Sauces and Dips– ketchup, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, some salad dressings and hot sauces
Usually it is not that hard for people to stop consuming soda, however, the other things are. This includes fruit, bread, potato, pasta, rice, baked goods etc. That is why you have to persistent and not give up!