This keto diet regime listed below is made for specific clients, adjusted to their health in order to achieve the goal they want.
So, that means that your health may be different and you should consume something different than here however take a look at this plan in order to see what represents the keto diet.
Take your time to look it closely and decide if this kind of thing is bearable to you. If you think that it is, then contact an expert or nutritionist in order to prepare a meal plan that is most suitable for you.
Keto diet for beginners
The very first keto diet plan comes from Patrick Sweeney who is an athlete that used this kind of dieting for having better performing in his field.
He is also holding conferences regarding this matter and teaching other people how to follow this type of dieting. So, this is also good for the ones that like to hang out in the kitchen, so take a look.
- Breakfast: Adventure coffee (coffee, coconut oil, egg, butter, heavy cream, cocoa powder) or breakfast cheese blintzes (blend cream cheese and 3 egg whites, cook it like pancakes and add the smoked salmon, cream cheese or raspberries)
- Mid-morning snack: Full-fat greek yogurt
- Lunch: Green salad with either salmon, chicken, or grilled shrimp and cheese.
- Afternoon snack: Apple with almond butter
- Dinner: Grilled salmon, spinach, green beans or cauliflower baked with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dessert: One square of dark chocolate
- Breakfast: Adventure coffee or add volcano eggs (take the whites from 2 eggs and whip them, add smoked salmon and spinach, put cheddar on the top and bake them, then add the yoke at the end so it will drizzle down)
- Mid-morning snack: Goat’s milk yogurt with a handful of almonds
- Lunch: Goat cheese salad with walnuts and bacon
- Afternoon snack: Almonds
- Dinner: Turkey chili with beans, onions, tomatoes, peppers and grated cheddar cheese. Optional: add a fried egg on top. Eat with a side salad.
- Breakfast: Adventure coffee or a nutrient-dense omelet (with garlic, red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes and avocado).
- Mid-morning snack: Apple with peanut butter
- Lunch: Leftover chili from the previous night
- Afternoon snack: Brie and a Wasa cracker (a very low carbohydrate cracker)
- Dinner: Duck on the barbecue with grilled eggplant and zucchini
Advice for a keto regime:
According to Sweeney, it is most important to follow your glycemic index for choosing the most appropriate food. You can find this on some websites that are also showing the glycemic amount of various foods.
This index is showing you how your insulin and glucose system in your organism will react to a specific food. The food that has a low index means that it is digesting more slowly however it will keep you full for a longer time.
It is allowed to consume a glass of red wine but not more than a few times during a week. You can also consume 2 tequilas or limes mixed with soda water.
Stick to food that is processing more slowly and that includes a lot of nutrients.
It is always best to exercise while following a diet regime for having the best results. However, if you have been pausing for around half a year from exercising wait a little before you start the diet.
Related: 2-Week Keto Diet Plan
First, you need to start exercising for around 2-3 weeks in order for your body to adjust and then you can start the keto.
You can avoid having late dinner. For example, eat until 7 pm, then exercise first thing in the morning and then have your breakfast.